Breaking News

Struggling Vettel Accepts Need For China Improvement

Having started the F1 season with fourth and 6th place finishes, Sebastian Vettel knows he has more to offer at the Oriental Grand Prix.



Sebastian Vettel accepts he must be better after having tests commence to the Formula 1 season.

Ferrari was amazingly off the pace at the opening race of the season in Sydney having impressed in pre-season testing.

Vettel's new team-mate Charles Leclerc improved substantially in Bahrain and was on course for success until the motor engine problem saw him fall to third.

But it was another tricky trip for Vettel, who ambled to fifth after mixing on lap 38 when overtaken by eventual competition winner Lewis Hamilton.

In advance of this weekend's Oriental Grand Prix in Shanghai in China, Vettel was asked if Leclerc's strong showing acquired him "on the run", but the German instead believes it is more an instance of him having to find the best out of the car.

"I don't really know what you guys sometimes picture on the other area, " Vettel replied in quotes through F1's recognized website.

"I haven't come across a driver that was a pain in the ass, and My spouse and I hope I never will. I think before the season I said 2 weeks. the different person so it would definitely be a new and different challenge.


"I have always shown respect when other people do well when he [Leclerc] did in Bahrain.

"I wasn't happy with my performance, unhappy with the feeling yet with the car, the feeling My spouse and I had in testing and so on. I know which I can be better and I know that we have lots of races to show and prove that. But at least when I'm not at the top of it, it's good that he is.
"It was a surprise when we came to Australia and the vehicle wasn't anywhere close to that which we had in Barcelona, with the car being very alive and unpredictable.

"Bahrain I do think the conditions were tricky and everyone was struggling with the wind and so forth. We were surprised to find yourself faster down the straights than other people, especially with Australia having recently been on the back ft .. We'll see where we could hear. "

With Mercedes starting the season with a couple of one-two finishes, Valtteri Bottas and Hamilton interchanging wins, Vettel recognizes the value of a more robust showing in China, where he needs Red Bull to also impress.

"We need to get everything right [in China]. It's extremely tight at the top. I expect Red Fluff to be closer here that these people were in Bahrain - I'm not sure what happened there.

"But I expect it to be close. "

No comments

Pageviews past week